Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where is all the honey bees?

I was just out in my yard with my 3 yr old daughter. Our neighboring field we keep mowed is full of weed flowers and clover. When she ran over there I was worried about bees, but strangely enough there wasn't the first honey bee! Where are they%26lt; something really seems a miss here....Where is all the honey bees?
It's called Colony Collapse Disorder and its affecting hives across the country. It first started appearing several years ago, but has become more prevalent. What happens is all the worker bees leave a hive and die, leaving behind the queen bee.





Its very rare for a hive to leave behind the queen bee which is why this problem is so troubling.Where is all the honey bees?
There is something wrong with honeybees. I heard that are is something killing them on the News two Fridays ago. Bee keepers are taking the bees out to get honey and there are no worker bees in there. The queen is dying because there are no worker bees.
Honey bees are starting to die all around the world, with losses ranging from 30-60% I still haven't found out the why, but I know that A LOT of research is being made, since honey bees are so important for pollinating. One recomendation I heard from a friend of mine was to start beekeeping. He's done it since I've known him, and his bees aren't dead...yet. So with some assistance from him, I finally made a hive and started some beekeeping myself. That's the best I can do for you, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products