Thursday, June 24, 2010

What was missing from your ';the birds and the bees'; talk when you were a kid?

You know, some little fact or tidbit that should have been elaborated on a little more.What was missing from your ';the birds and the bees'; talk when you were a kid?
Where exactly that damned thing goes...What was missing from your ';the birds and the bees'; talk when you were a kid?
The only thing I was taught about sex was that its sole purpose is for ';making babies';. I also learned a bit about the male and female sex organs. Nobody really told be anything about orgasms and the physical pleasure of it. Ofcourse, there did not exist anything called ';oral sex';. I would not have understood that at that age. My parents never told me about wetdreams for e.g. The first time I had one in my life I was so shocked and ashamed, that I thought I was at fault. Luckily my parents explained it to me then, but they should have told me about it in advance. Thank God, I out grew that stage of life!





Why is called the ';birds and the bees'; anyway?
My Dad brought home a projector and the movie ';Where did I come from?'; and showed it to me on the back of the sliding door to the kitchen.





What was missing from that talk was the bit where ';When Mummy and Daddy Love Each Other Very Much'; became - Can I stick it in your rear; Do you have herpes?; Suck me suck me oh baby suck me; and; Wear a nurse costume for me.





Look, the whole sex talk is fine, it describes the mechanics I guess of the sex act. But hardly ever does someone sit you down and warn you about the fact that its possible your first sex partner will want to get ';Their freak on'; and how to handle that. I mean with all the foreplay expectation whos warning a girl about whether or not he'll get it in her hair or her mouth without telling her, and what to expect if that happens so she doesn't get freaked out or grossed out by sex for life? Who prepares a guy for a girl who likes a little ';stinky pinky'; in his rear end?





When I first had sex I looked back at the where did I come from movie experience and thought to myself: ';Why couldn't they warn me that it would take 15 minutes to get her going'; or ';so hey I wonder if what I smell is normal';.





Perhaps they could all get together in a big room, swap sex stories, get the guy who did the ';Oh Wicked Wanda'; cartoon from penthouse to illustrate it and show kids that?





Or just leave an episode of Sex And The City running while the kids are up and hope that the children don't scream ';Oh my EYES!'; when they see Sarah Jessica Parker.





There's a lot to be said for having a kid hang around with older kids for an hour and coming home using words like ';head'; and ';blow'; and ';doggie style'; without getting all angry.





I'm not trying to be rude here, I really think the SEX part of sex is left out of the whole talk and only the procreation bit left in.
Goodmorning,


Hi....I guess what was missing is my Mother or father never had one with me. lol I find it difficult to talk to my daughter about some tings and she's 14. I have said that of course every parent wants their child to ';wait'; until marriage but the odds of that are not that high. I have told her if she ever feels she's in love and going or thinking of having sex...she needs to come to me and we will have her put on birth control. I do talk about safe sex and being sure of always using a condom as well. She's no where (thankfully) in that game right now. She's had a major crush and they saw each other for a while. (meaning I let the boy come over and watch a movie with her and some friends,talk on the phone..I actually liked the kid...but the boy did break her heart. She's really crushed and she still kind of pines for that boy and it's been 6 months.


I'm sure we all can remember being 14 or 15 and how you feel so ';grown up';. Actually I met my husband when I was 15.


Anyhoo.....I wish I could make my daughter see she's got a whole lifetime ahead of her. I try to instill in her to be sure to have a career as in so you don't have to count on a man financially. She wants to be a teacher and has wanted to since she was 3 or 4. LOL I hope she keeps that dream and also looks at other career and life choices. She's wonderful and I love her so. :)


Eileen
I never got one. Probably because thats the year my school went crazy with sex ed! I never learned to sew because of them telling me how to have sex. What they forgot was they already told us the same thing in 5th grade however felt they needed to tell us again in 7th because on of my class mates got pregnant! I really wish I knew how to sew!
it was me and my brother, he was 2 years older ( mom was divorced and doing it all) anyway i just started laughing as if someone was tickling the hell out of me, so i was asked to leave. so i was the one thing that was missing
i actually never got that talk i had a friend in elementary school that told me evrything i needed to know. when my dad asked if i knew where babies come from i told him and he was alright with it. over the years ive learned alot more but NOt from my parents.
All of it,,the climb from over the


bridges and the skip over thy ocean,,


we craw as the waves,, and glide,,on


to the shore *


do you think for one MOMENT *


MAN can seperate [ A wave *]


zone it and be DIFFERENT *


robin hood shoots his BOW,, *


THINK..* YOU DO YOUR BEST *


ALL IS LOANED IN THIS LIFE *


EVEN THE DAY ,, [USE IT TO FULL CAPA=CITY *


i AM NOT any different then ,,you are *


just i chow [[heavy -sen to have wings *


i always carry my cupid * %26amp; my heart,, %26amp; its aim *


i shoot my arrows and move on *
that sometimes birds and birds go together and bees and bees also go together
1) The sex motion


2) Positions


3) Orgasms


4) Colour of semen


5) Other sexual acts apart from intercourse(outercourse)


6) Spermicide


7) Peeing after sex


8) How-to


9) Taste of semen
The whole ';birds and bees'; talk itself was missing...my parents were too uptight and uncomfortable to even approach the subject with any of us... I basically learned stuff from friends, the media and Sex Education in school.
The entire talk actually, mom just thought movies would teach me what I needed to know








too bad I watched nothing but comedy and horror...I always thought some homicidal manic would come and kill me if I had sex
nothing I knew everything even before the talk.
My parents said this:


'There are birds and bees. The birds lay eggs and the bees bring pollen. I'm a bee. Your mum's a bird. When you grow up, you'll be a bird. Anyway... Then they have sex.'


So traumatizing...
2 biggies


how much fun and enjoyment you can get from it


that its alright to self pleasure


it seems dads have a tuff time talking about these things
The whole penetration part. My mom spent forever telling me I would get my period but failed to tell me why or what purpose that would serve me later in life!
Everything. I never got that talk
I never had that talk, so everything.
The entire convo was missing.
I never got that talk, but by the age of ELEVEN i had the sickest mind of all time. Hm.
everything


i was told nothing by my parents
The whole talk....lol





I was raised by my grandparents so we never talked about sex...





When one of my mates got pregnant at 14, I knew to not have sex...hahahaha...I learnt stuff by what happened to my friends and by what they told me
Periods, and the discomfort of your first time. Seriously, if they want kids to avoid sex, they shouldtell them about that part; that would have put me off for a couple more years!
Everything. Grrls taught me.
The whole conversation.
The ';Talk'; bit!LOL but sussed it out by trial and error!:-)
There was no birds and bees talk, I had to find out the hard way...oops! No pun intended...= )
the fact that it wasnt actually talking about birds and bees would have helpped a whole lot
the intercourse part
i never had the talk, figured it out at school and on the internet
The whole talk. My parents were a little repressed on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products